On a journey: East Berlin, Germany

On a journey: East Berlin, Germany

Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas

I'm listening to the Christmas playlist I made on my ipod while eating breakfast with two Spaniards and Sebastian, my Chilean roommate. We're getting ready to catch a train at 9:20 AM for Frankfurt, where we'll take a plane at 5 PM to Shanghai. I'll be in China for two weeks, giving 9 concerts with the Vinorosso Ensemble, a world music/Balkan music group. We'll travel nearly 2,000 miles in 14 days through the cities of Shanghai, Hangzhou, Zhejian, Shandong, Shenyang, Beijing, and the Jilin Province and through temperatures ranging from 50 degrees in southern Shanghai to -10 degrees F in the north. It'll be tiring, I'm sure, but a lot of fun too. Regardless of where you are in the world or what your holiday plans/lack thereof are, spend this time in peace and hopefully with people you love. Merry Christmas, everyone. I'll try to update as we go along in China!

No comments: