On a journey: East Berlin, Germany

On a journey: East Berlin, Germany

Friday, September 21, 2007

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is a great recipe for chocolate chocolate chip cookies (double chocolate chip cookies) that uses no eggs and 1/3 amount less fat than the normal Tollhouse recipe. And it tastes really good. I'm posting this so I remember it myself, but also because you should try it. Double Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients: 1/4 c softened butter 1/2 c sugar 1/4 c brown sugar 1 egg white (I used egg replacer) 1 tsp vanilla 1 c all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/4 tsp salt 1/4 c cocoa powder (use a good quality cocoa...it makes a massive difference in flavor) 1/3 c chocolate chips (again, use good quality) 1). Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. 2). Beat butter and sugars together with a mixer until creamy. Then beat in egg white and vanilla. 3). In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and then stir in the chocolate chips. 4). Drop the cookies on a greased cookie sheet. 5). Bake for 8-11 minutes. *side note: the original recipe said "Don't worry if the dough is crumbly" which, sure enough, it was. I think my dough was exceptionally crumbly because I didn't use an adhesive agent i.e. egg white to bind everything together. My mother suggested I put 1/4 cup yogurt in the dough to "glue" the ingredients together, and it worked out fantastically. So if you have dry dough, just add some plain yogurt and you'll be ok. Enjoy!

No comments: